Error messages are relatively brief to avoid clogging the error logging system. Some messages have more information available through the Syslog Translator.
Go to the NOW site and select Technical Assistance & Documentation and then Syslog Translator.
- In the Software field, select Data ONTAP.
- Cut and paste the error message into the Search String field and click Translate.
If more information is available about the message you have received, it is displayed, including the following information:
- Corrective action
- Related information
- Data ONTAP versions this message applies to
- Details about the syslog message
- Details about the SNMP trap initiated by this message