If you are having difficulty connecting to the RLM, you should verify that you are using a secure shell client and that the IP configuration is correct.
Verify that you are using a secure shell client to connect to the RLM.
- From the storage system, verify the RLM is online and the IP configuration is correct by entering the following command at the storage system prompt: rlm status
- From the administration host, test the network connection for the RLM by entering the following command: ping rlm_IP_address
- If the ping fails, do one of the following:
- Verify that the RLM network port on the back of the storage system is cabled and active. For more information, see the Installation and Setup Instructions for your storage system.
- Verify that the RLM has a valid IP address. At the storage system prompt, enter the rlm setup command to use the DHCP server or assign a valid IP address.
- Verify that the administration host has a route to the RLM.
- From the storage system prompt, reboot the RLM by entering the following command: rlm reboot
Note: It takes approximately one minute for the RLM to reboot.
- If the RLM does not reboot, repeat Steps 2 through 5. If the RLM still does not reboot, contact technical support for assistance.