The advantage of a certificate-authority-signed certificate is that it verifies to the browser that the system is the system to which the client intended to connect.
Send the certificate signing request, secureadmin.pem, to the certificate authority. This file is found in the /etc/keymgr/cert directory on the storage system.
Note: This process might take a few days.
- Back up the secureadmin.pem file by making a copy.
- When the certificate authority returns the signed certificate, copy the signed certificate into a temporary location on the storage system.
- Install the certificate by entering the following command: secureadmin addcert ssl directory_path
directory_path is the full path to the certificate.
The following command installs a certificate called secureadmin.pem, currently located in the tempdir directory, into the /etc/keymgr directory: secureadmin addcert ssl /etc/tempdir/secureadmin.pem
- Disable SSL by entering the following command:secureadmin disable ssl
- Enable SSL by entering the following command:secureadmin enable ssl