Command line man pages
Data ONTAP online manual (man) pages includes information on commands, special files, file formats and conventions, and system management and services.
|Types of information
||Man page section
|File formats and conventions
|System management and services
You can view man pages in the following ways:
- At the storage system command line, by entering
- From the FilerView main navigational page
- In the following documents:
- Data ONTAP Commands: Manual Page Reference, Volume 1
- Data ONTAP Commands: Manual Page Reference, Volume 2
Note: All man pages are stored on the storage system in files whose names are prefixed with the string “na_” to distinguish them from client man pages. The prefixed names are used to refer to storage system man pages from other man pages and sometimes appear in the NAME field of the man page, but the prefixes are not part of the command, file, or services.
For more information, see the na_man(1) man page.