- Students are to follow the requirements of the Handbook for the year they commenced the course.
However, the subject links below do not contain the subject information for the current year. You can view current subject information through the new Course Handbook.
Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) | 2018
Testamur Title of Degree:
Bachelor of Nursing (Honours)
UOW Course Code:
Total Credit Points:
1 year full-time or part-time equivalent
Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health
The Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) provides exceptional nursing students with the opportunity to extend their knowledge and skills to a higher level. There is an increasing need for graduates to develop more advanced and extensive knowledge in the discipline than can be attained in a pass degree. Candidates who have attained a level of scholarship at credit level or above in 300-level Nursing subjects undertake advanced coursework and research.
Entry Requirements and Credit Arrangements
Information on academic and English language requirements, as well as eligibility for credit for prior learning, is available from the Course Finder.
Course Learning Outcomes
Students graduating from the Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) will be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge related to nursing practice.
- Apply knowledge of nursing to clinical practice.
- Demonstrate skills in reviewing, analysing and synthesising evidence to identify and solve problems.
- Critical reasoning and reflection to develop and promote empirical understanding.
- Communicating knowledge and ideas about theoretical concepts related to nursing.
- Demonstrate initiative and judgement using a professional, ethical and holistic approach advocating for excellence in nursing.
- Demonstrate the application of knowledge and skills in planning and executing a research-based initiative.
|Subject Code||Subject Name||Credit Points|
|These subjects are designed to allow students to complete the Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) full time - NMIH404 (24cp x 2) or part time - NMIH403 (12cp x 4) across a single semester. Please consult with the Academic Program Director prior to enrolment.|
|NMIH403||Nursing Honours (Part time)||12|
The Honours grade will be calculated in accordance with Method 1. For further information refer to General Course Rules Section 8.
For further information please email: email@example.com