- Students are to follow the requirements of the Handbook for the year they commenced the course.
However, the subject links below do not contain the subject information for the current year. You can view current subject information through the new Course Handbook.
Bachelor of Science - Bachelor of Commerce | 2017
Testamur Title of Degree:
Bachelor of Science - Bachelor of Commerce
UOW Course Code:
Total Credit Points:
4.5 years full-time or part-time equivalent
Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health
Delivery Campus / UAC Code:
Wollongong / 751802
The Bachelor of Science is designed for maximum flexibility and subject choice. Students can undertake either a broad education in science or a professionally recognised education in one particular discipline. The Bachelor of Commerce allows students to pursue a broad range of business and commerce specialisations.
More information regarding double degree course requirements can be found in UOW's Policy Guidelines. Students must seek advice and approval from both Faculties before enrolment.
Academic requirements and English requirements are available from the Course Finder.
Course Learning Outcomes
A number of the course learning outcomes in each of these degrees complement and consolidate outcomes in the partner degree. Applied across two discipline areas, the outcomes are achieved at a broader and more comprehensive level.
The outcomes which are common and consolidated in this joint degree ensure that on successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of discipline information
- Critically analyse and explain information
- Apply critical thinking and judgement in making decisions and solving problems
- Apply knowledge and skills to an authentic context
- Effectively communicate knowledge and ideas to others
Please refer to the Undergraduate Course Handbook page of each individual degree for a comprehensive list of degree course learning outcomes.
Students must consult academic advisers from all relevant faculties regarding the selection of majors.
The double degree consists of a minimum of 216 credit points and shall include:
- At least 90 credit points of subjects as prescribed within one of the Bachelor of Science majors. Note: some of the interdisciplinary majors require the completion of additional credit points, which may extend the duration of your degree.
- 54 credit points of core subjects (including the capstone subject) from the Bachelor of Commerce, plus a 48 credit point major;
- Subjects from the General Schedules to ensure that a minimum of 216 credit points have been completed.
- Not more than 102 credit points for 100-level subjects.
Note: Students may be given exemption from a subject when similar subjects exist in both majors selected, e.g. Statistics.
Students who complete the double degree with the required academic standard in the relevant major are eligible to apply for entry into either Bachelor of Science (Honours) or Bachelor of Commerce (Honours).