- Students are to follow the requirements of the Handbook for the year they commenced the course.
However, the subject links below do not contain the subject information for the current year. You can view current subject information through the new Course Handbook.
Bachelor of Medical and Health Sciences (Honours) | 2017
Testamur Title of Degree:
Bachelor of Medical and Health Sciences (Honours)
UOW Course Code:
Total Credit Points:
1 year full-time or part-time equivalent
Faculty of Science, Medicine and Health
The Bachelor of Medical & Health Sciences (Honours) degree is an additional fourth year of study designed to provide students with skills to demonstrate excellence in research with a clear understanding of a research question in relation to current knowledge.
The program fosters the abilities and skills to:
- plan, design and perform a research project;
- collect and analyse data;
- evaluate data;
- synthesise results and integrate with relevant ideas and concepts;
- communicate; and
- put relevant OHS principles into practice.
The UOW Honours website also provides lots of useful information regarding research opportunities, scholarships, application procedures, etc.
Academic requirements and English requirements are available from the Course Finder.
Course Learning Outcomes
Students graduating from the Bachelor of Medical and Health Sciences (Honours) will be able to:
- Communicate extensive and coherent knowledge about an area of medical and health sciences.
- Integrate and apply knowledge and skills in medical and health sciences together with research principles and methods to plan and execute a substantial scholarly/research activity.
- Produce a piece of scholarly/research activity in the form of a thesis.
The Bachelor of Medical and Health Sciences (Honours) degree requires the successful completion of 48 credit points of subjects in accordance with the course structure in the table below.
|Subject Code||Subject Name||Credit Points||Session(s)|
|MEDI400||Honours||48||SMAH Annual, SMAH Annual 2017/2018|