- Students are to follow the requirements of the Handbook for the year they commenced the course.
However, the subject links below do not contain the subject information for the current year. You can view current subject information through the new Course Handbook.
Bachelor of Laws (Honours) (Graduate Entry) | 2017
Testamur Title of Degree:
Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
UOW Course Code:
Total Credit Points:
1 year full-time or part-time equivalent
Faculty of Law, Humanities and the Arts
This program consists entirely of an end-on Honours year for students who have graduated from a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree. The Laws Honours program enables students to apply the knowledge and skills gained in the LLB degree in the context of a major legal research project.
Academic requirements and English requirements are available from the Course Finder.
Course Learning Outcomes
Students graduating from the Bachelor of Laws (Honours) (Graduate Entry) will be able to:
- Independently plan and execute a research-based project or piece of scholarship that demonstrates in-depth understanding and critical analysis of areas in Law;
- Demonstrate advanced theoretical knowledge and critically reflect on, synthesise and evaluate information, problems, concepts and theories;
- Communicate a coherent and sustained argument, explaining and disseminating research results and conclusions;
- Apply an advanced knowledge of research, research integrity, ethics and the rights and safety of others, to independently plan and execute a substantial piece of research.
The Honours grade will be calculated in accordance with Method 1 in the University's General Course Rules, i.e. based entirely on performance in 400-level subjects.
|Subject Code||Subject Name||Credit Points||Session(s)|
|LLB 400||Legal Research Methodology||8||Autumn|
|LLB 401||Legal Research Thesis||16||Not offered in this year|