Training on Policy Development
The Governance Unit offers a workshop through the Professional and Organisational Development Unit (PODS) designed for all staff responsible for developing and writing policy. The workshop is run annually.
Facilitated by our team of experienced policy analysts, the aim of the workshop is to equip participants with an understanding of:
- The UOW policy structure, including levels of policy
- The policy development and management process at UOW including:
- The consultative process
- The approval pathway
- The policy review process
- Roles and responsibilities
- Policy writing
- Reviewing and re-writing current policies
- The use of the UOW Policy Toolkit including the policy and procedure templates.