Academic Integrity & Misconduct
- Student Conduct Rules
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Academic Misconduct - Outcome Guidelines
- Academic Misconduct (Coursework) Procedures
Reporting and Recording Academic Misconduct
Staff can report cases online at: https://intranet.uow.edu.au/aqs/UOW238613.html
Students or members of the community wanting to report a case of potential academic misconduct should contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This process is being phased-out. Campuses that have been trained in the online system, should use the above process.
Paper-based forms will be removed 1 July 2019.
Stage 1 – Subject Coordinator Investigation
- Student Misconduct Investigation Form
- Invitation to attend Investigation Meeting
- Notice of outcome of Subject Coordinator Investigation:
Allegation Dismissed / Poor Academic Practice Outcome / Refer to AIO
Stage 2 – AIO Evidence Review
- Notice of outcome of AIO Evidence Review:
Allegation Dismissed / Poor Academic Practice Outcome / AIO Imposed Outcome / Refer to FIC
Stage 3 - FIC Determination
- Invitation to attend FIC Meeting
- Notice of outcome of FIC meeting:
Allegation Dismissed / FIC Imposed Outcome / Refer to SCC
Stage 4 – SCC Determination
Refer to the Governance Unit (email@example.com) for details of this aspect of the process.
- Outcome of appeal to FIC Chair/SO - insufficient grounds for appeal
- Outcome of appeal to FIC Chair/SO - upheld
Please direct comments and questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last reviewed: 15 November, 2018
Here to Help
Need a hand? Contact the Governance & Policy Unit for advice and assistance on policy issues.